Sitter Safety Course
for 6th, 7th and 8th Graders!
Online registration will open on Wednesday, September 4th at 10:01 p.m. Online payment using Visa or Mastercard is due at time of registration.
# of Participants Per Session:
Each session is limited to 20 participants. First come-first serve...so register early! You may register for any of the sessions.
Class runs from 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Please pick up your child promptly in the front of Weston Middle School at 3:45 p.m.
- We do not accept mailed or walk-in payments at schools or at the WYS office. ALL payments must be made online with a credit card via our secure site. We accept Mastercard or VISA,
- Full payment of program fees must be made within twenty-four (24) hours of registration. The system has been set up to automatically delete unpaid registrations after twenty-four (24) hours. When a registration has been deleted due to non-payment, a system-generated email will be sent stating:
"This is a notification that the registration for (registrants first name and last initial) has been deleted due to non-payment on (date and time that registration was deleted).”
$ 90.00 (includes all course materials, final exam, and guest speakers). Financial Aid is available; please contact Allison Lisbon, Director of Social Services, at 203-222-2663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weston Middle School, Room # F-5 (Health Room)
Once a class starts, we cannot issue refunds or credits.
If a student is dismissed for disciplinary reasons or withdraws from the school or program, the student forfeits the entire program fee.
There are four 5-week sessions to choose from:
Session I: Wednesdays: October 2, 2019 - November 20, 2019 (no class on Oct. 30th, Nov. 6th)
Session II: Thursdays: January 9, 2020 - February 6, 2020
Session III: Wednesdays: February 26, 2020 - March 25, 2020
Session IV: Wednesdays: April 22, 2020 - May 20, 2020 CANCELLED
You may register for any of the sessions!
Each course will cover the following:
• American Heart Association (AHA) First Aid Certification along with Hands Only CPR
• Infant and Toddler Child Care
• Emergency Situations, including a visit from the Weston Police Department
• Child Development and Behavior
There are three requirements to pass the Sitter Safety Course in order to receive a certificate:
1. Completion of attendance at all 5 sessions (unless parents notify course instructor)
2. Completion of a written final exam.
3. Supervised baby-sitting In-Service Project with the return of completed questionnaires.
If you have any questions, please contact Charlene Monn, Program Coordinator, Weston Youth Services, at 203-222-2586 or email: